Why compassion in women’s health services is a key part of providing comprehensive care to women of all ages
As young girls grow into women, their health needs shift and change along with them. Women’s health needs also shift as they enter new phases of their life, like motherhood or menopause. When looking for a doctor, women generally look for someone that can provide the women’s health services they need. But beyond that, women look for someone they can trust that makes them feel comfortable.
At Dr. Lona Sasser’s Obstetrics & Gynecology practice, we believe that the key to providing quality and lifelong women’s health services is compassionate and comprehensive care.
An overview of women’s health services
“Women’s health services” is an all-encompassing term that refers to medical and educational health procedures and services that women may need. Every individual woman will have different needs and a different focus for their care. Someone will need standard medical check-ins while others may need more specialized care. Depending on where you are in your life, too, the focus of your care will need to change.
For example, a young woman in her early 20s will likely not have the same concerns as a woman in her 50s.
At Dr. Sasser’s Obstetrics & Gynecology, we offer an expansive array of women’s health services so that we can adapt and accompany you throughout your life journey. Some of these health services include:
- Regular well-woman exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological problems
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- IUD insertion and removal
- Treatment of cervical changes
- Birth control education, options and care
- Pediatric/adolescent gynecology
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Pain-free surgical alternatives for urinary incontinence (pelvic floor stimulation)
While those services mentioned above fall under the umbrella of gynecology, our practice is also able to support women in their obstetric needs.
- Confirmation of pregnancy
- Ultrasounds in-office
- Total obstetrical care (including appointments at your convenience, patient education, and 2D in-office ultrasounds for medical diagnostic images/sex determination)
- Verification of maternity benefits, payment plans available
- Coordination and referrals to Perinatologists in the area as medically indicated
Why compassion is key to comprehensive care
For us at the Dr. Sasser OBGYN practice, our work goes beyond the women’s health services as defined by exams and procedures. We believe that in order to provide thorough and comprehensive care for our patients, we must build the trust and comfort between us, the doctors and our staff, and our patients.
Compassion means that we take the time to listen to your concerns, doubts, questions, inquiries, as well as the time to answer them. We believe that without trust, patients are far less likely to feel comfortable about being forthcoming with the details of their health.
Ultimately, women’s health services should be all-encompassing. The more you trust us, the better we can offer you the care and attention you deserve.